Jack's Street Style Steak Tacos
- Corn Tortillas
- 1 pound Thin Cut Round Steak/Flat Steak
- 1 White Onion
- Fresh Cilantro
- 6 Fresh Limes, cut in half wedges
Avocado Cilantro Lime Sauce
- 1 Avocado
- 1/3 cup fresh Cilantro
- 2/3 cups Water
- 3 tbsp Lime Juice
- Pinch of Salt
Jack’s Steak Taco Dry Rub
- 5 Tbs. Jack & The Bean Dip mix
- 1 Tbs. Serrano Powder (or Jalapeno powder) *Optional for extra heat!
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Black Pepper
1. In a blender or food processor, blend together the avocado, cilantro, lime juice, water, and salt. Blend until smooth; add a bit more water if too thick. Set aside to later.
2. In a bowl, combine Jack & The Bean Dip mix with the rest of the ingredients for the dry rub; mix together. Cover all of the flat steaks with the rub. Squeeze some fresh lime juice over the top of the steaks before grilling.
3. Grill or cook steaks on a hot pan until cooked to your desired temp.
*Note: These steaks are thin and will cook fast! We recommend only about 1 1/2-2 minutes per side on high heat.
4. Remove steak from grill and let it rest for 10 min while you prepare your toppings.
5. Dice up the onion and fresh cilantro for topping the tacos. Warm corn tortillas up on a pan.
6. Thinly slice up the steak into small, bite-size pieces.
7. Serve tacos with a good amount of steak, pick of diced onions, cilantro, fresh lime juice, and a bit of Avocado Cilantro Lime Sauce. Spanish rice and Beans are always a nice side dish! Enjoy!