ITALIAN CHOPPED SALAD
- 1/4 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- 3 Tbs. Romancing Romaine seasoning mix
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup Pine Nuts
- 1-2 Red Bell Peppers
- 1 lb. finely julienne Romaine Lettuce and Field Greens
- 1/2 cup crumbled Gorgonzola Cheese
- 1 cup Grape Tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup pitted Kalamata Olives, halved
- 1 Tbs. Capers, drained
- 10 thin slices Hard Salami, sliced in strips
- 10 thin slices Prosciutto Ham, diced
In a blender or food processor, blend together the balsamic vinegar and Romancing Romaine seasoning mix. Slowly add oil and blend until smooth. Set dressing aside.
Toast pine nuts in a pan until lightly browned; cool. Char bell peppers over an open flame or under a broiler until blackened on all sides. Transfer peppers to a large bowl, cover tightly with plastic wrap and let stand 15 minutes. Peel and seed peppers and cut into strips to yield 1/2 cup.
Just before serving, toss pine nuts and roasted peppers with lettuce, cheese, tomatoes, olives, capers, salami and ham in a large bowl. Add some dressing to taste.